Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Baseball by the beach

Hey fitted fans, today we have an older minor league fitted thats sure to please. The gem of a cap before you is a retro Lakewood BlueClaws fitted. This cap was used as an alternate a few years back, but has since been halted in production due to a newer logo. The BlueClaws are one of two MLB affiliated baseball teams left in the great state of New Jersey; The Thunder who are the other and have been mentioned in prior posts, play in Trenton. My first encounter with the Lakewood franchise was in the summer of 2007 as I watched them play the Delmarva Shorebirds, an affiliate of the Baltimore Orioles. This South Atlantic League match-up proved to be lack luster as some minor league games can get, but I found myself stuck in the team shop behind home plate at FirstEnergy Park. Sure, they had jerseys, shirts, shorts, etc., but what I found myself staring at was the copious selection of New Era Fitted Caps. The caps all featured this logo on:
This is truly one of my favorite logos in all of baseball due to its color choices and creativity. This is a logo design that truly fit the team and the city it plays in. The cap I bought above has a red brim, a navy blue crown, and this guy shown above located on the front. The new logo is OK, but I feel this was the one to stick with. You can find the link to the team shop below to see more caps. Enjoy fitted fans! 

Find the new BlueClaws merch here: http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/index.jsp?sid=t427

No comments: